The Doctors and Dentists Protection Union (DDPU) membership service gives the opportunity to get all our services as benefits.
The full list of benefits are in Membership Benefits page .
The benefits apply if the incident happens while the professional is a DDPU member.
If the professional is not a current member but was a member at the time of the incident related to which he has the issues, he will be assisted.
But if the member after having an incident or issue, then joins the DDPU membership, he can only get assistance from our partners on a private paying basis.
PROFESSIONAL REGULATORY DEFENCE
Complete defence in matters relating to the professional regulatory affairs
This is provided in relation to disciplinary proceedings undertaken by the General Medical Council/General Dental Council, NCAS, Deaneries and other bodies which regulate the competence, conduct and standards of the health professionals.
Unlike some other organisations, we do not automatically exclude some types of conduct, like personal conduct when it is relevant to the regulatory bodies.
We provide support in the form of advice, assistance in progression of training of health professionals.
ARCP appeals assistance and advice
CESR/CEGPR-Assistance is provided in applying for Specialist Registration under Article 14 (Specialist recognition of training, CESR and CEGPR).
By providing integrated cover which covers all the aspects of training,careers,employment and disciplinary issues, we are able to resolve many issues before they affect training and career progression.
We run Continuous Professional Development modules focused on the training and career progression in collaboration with our partners.
Our partner organisation provides accredited Revalidation services which can be utilised for a fee.
Medical legal representation and Dentist legal representation
Advice and representation in cases where the health professional’s clinical work results in
- Prosecution in a court of criminal jurisdiction
- Civil action under legislation for unlawful discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, disability, age, religious belief, or political opinion
- Civil action being taken against the member under legislation for Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 or the serving of a Statutory Notice under Health and Safety legislation
- Civil action being taken against the member as a trustee of a pension fund set up for the benefit of employer’s employees, and
- Civil action being taken against the member under section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 including indemnification against award of compensation under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 (provided that registration has been approved by the Information Commissioner).